Creative Commons Licence
Serene Waves by Gayatri Gouda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.

Please be informed that copies or reproduction of the artworks here are therefore not allowed without permission from the artist.

Monday, March 26, 2012

My First Quilled Frame Design

Ye-pee!! I finally completed my quilled frame design project. After gluing the elements, the design looks so beautiful. It looks even gorgeous with the dark pink card-stock. I first selected a light green card-stock. And then I thought I'll use a white shiny handmade card-stock. However I feel the dark pink card stock brings out the color of the flowers and leaves very well.

I even thought I will quill a bee or a butterfly. However, my mom loved the way it looks without them. I am happy with that. After all its her for whom I designed this project.

I would frame it soon. For framing, before starting the project, I scored the card half-inch from every side of the card-stock. I scored the card so that it would be easy to frame the design properly.

The work is done on an A4 size card stock.

Here's are some snaps of the frame design:

Vertical View
(Click on the image to view a larger version of it)
Code: SW0001FD

Horizontal View
(Click on the image to view a larger version of it)

I like the vertical view than the horizontal view. My Mom seems like the horizontal view.

Here's a collage of different elements and angles in detail:

(Click on the image to view a larger version of it. You can see the detail elements well in the larger version of the collage.)

I love the design and waiting eagerly to have a look at the framed version.

Here's a link to the video I did on this design:
(First time did a video; didn't do well. Would do a better one and upload it sometime).

Thanks for reading my post!!

P.S. on 10th April 2012: Here's the link to Anastasia's Signature Leaves.

♥ ~ GG

7 comments:

Azlina Abdul said...

Love it!! :)

Yasmin said...

Wow!!! Your work is so pretty! Thank you for stopping by at my blog ...thats how I came to see your beautiful work !

Pritesh Dagur said...

Neat and pretty! :)

GHAZALA said...

very beautiful work

KhushiG said...

@ Lin, Yasmin, Pritesh, Ghazala: Thank you all for your lovely comments!!

Suchitra Gouda said...

Looks lovely ... so finely done ...

Sujana Sarath said...

I liked your flowers very much!!!
Very neat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...