Creative Commons Licence
Serene Waves by Gayatri Gouda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.

Please be informed that copies or reproduction of the artworks here are therefore not allowed without permission from the artist.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Project 'Mayur' - Quilled Peacock

Finally... I have finished the complex project I was working on. And yes the Colorful Peacock is here... landed on my canvas...

Each of those Peacock feather eyes took me at least 1 hour to prepare... Collecting ideas to finish the feather took a whole lot of time... Creating it took even more number of hours...

Actually it's the feather part that took a whole lot of time to conceptualize and then prepare.

I had the peacock feather eyes already... 15 of them. What I lacked was the idea to put those feather eyes together and still make it look as natural as I can to the real peacock. That was the hardest part. And while collecting ideas and thoughts, by seeing the real peacock pictures and the amazing quillers across world who have already created some amazing peacocks... I came across a beautiful Quilled Peacok. At first I couldn't find out who has prepared that but guessed who it could be. And yes, upon several days of browsing I found the owner of it - it is Yulia Brodskaya's creation - my inspiration for the love of quilling art.

I know there are still a lot of improvements to be done and I am striving to correct all those mistake in my future creations.

So, here I present to you my very own creation - our national bird - my favorite bird - which inspires me in many ways - my Peacock - 'Mayur'

It took more than 35 hours to complete this piece... And thus I would love to hear your thoughts on this piece of my work! 

Please do like my facebook page Serene Waves if you like my work here.


~ Gayatri Anmay (Gayatri Gouda)

12 comments:

Julie Baswell said...

Gorgeous! You definitely should be proud.

KhushiG said...

Thank you, Julie!! :) <3

GHAZALA said...

wow dear! lovely work !I have made huge peacocks but your work inspires me to try my hands on more fine and intricate work .....let me see when do i get time to do so..... must say its a very beautiful and most colorful peacock I have come across.

Unknown said...

Amazing! You are so talented!

Unknown said...

Amazing! You are talented!

H. Owens said...

I absolutely LOVE the peacock! The colors are so vibrant and the intricate details in the entire piece has me in aww! You should be proud of the piece as I see no areas needing improvement but, I'm not the eyes of the artist. You will always be your biggest critic but know that there are those of us who find your 35 hours of work absolutely stunning!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful

Unknown said...

This craft is amazing,and your work speaks 4 it self. I wish I could do this. Great!! Absolutely beautiful

KhushiG said...

Wow! Your words are so inspiring just when I need the motivation to work on new projects. Thank you so much for your opinion and views. Muah!!

KhushiG said...

Thank you so much, Tosha!

KhushiG said...

Thanks, Sandhya!

KhushiG said...

Thanks, Tammie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...